Monday 28 December 2015

Twelve in twelve

I love hand knit socks. I adore them. They're so comfy and soft and colourful. I have enough sock yarn to sink a ship. I just need motivation to actually get it made into beautiful squishy socks! And the time. And more hands.... So I've decided to give my self a little challenge. Want to join me?

I've seen a lot of people over the years doing 52 in 52. 52 pairs of socks in a year, so one a week. I'm smart enough to know I would never ever manage a pair of socks a week. I have big feet and like longer legs to my socks. And have two kiddies to run around after. Quite literally, now that TinyDino is crawling and cruising! So I've decided to do 12 in 12.
That's 12 pairs of socks in the year, one a month. If I manage extra pairs then even better! And to start myself off on the right foot (Hahaha, yes pun intended!) I'm finishing the poor unloved socks which have sat on my needles for..... about 2 years? Yeeeeeah...... I attempted a new way of doing the heels and fell out with them big time and they got thrown in a bag in the bottom of my knitting bag and mumbled at every now and again.
They are awesome socks, the yarn is just beautiful, but this new heel made me loose the love totally. So I dug them out of their shallow grave, ripped them back and will do my usual after thought heel instead (You can just see the scrap yarn on the needles in this photo)


I have a small pile of sock yarn to pick from for my first pair, and I'm signed up to a yarn box from The Yarn Tree for almost every other month of 2016! In fact, all of the yarns in my pile for the first pair are also from The Yarn Tree! If you haven't already, you should check her out. Mel dyes some of the most fantastic colourways and her prices are very good too!

I have (L-R) Harley Quinn vs Poison Ivy (From the Superhero yarn box), We're Simply Meant To Be and Tis The Season To Be Jolly (Both from the Nightmare before Xmas yarn box)

 I also have the sock blank "I Love Rainbow Dash" from the My Little Pony yarn box.

And "The Flash" which was also in the Superhero yarn box.

Ignore my rubbish photography skills and look at how gorgeous those sock blanks are! Love at first sight. But which do I pick first?! I have a few more days to decide!

If you want to join me in 12 in 12, leave me a little comment! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment